Our website address is: http://shop.cleveland.edu.
Cleveland University-Kansas City
Last Modified: March 25, 2022
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Identifiers“);
• Information about that is associated with Personal Data and is therefore identifiable information, including any interests, work experience, criminal history, citizenship, previous education history with a Cleveland school or other schools, and any other information that you provide to us that is associated with an Identifier (collectively with the Identifiers, “Personal Data”)
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as demographic or interest information that is not identifiable; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• In certain cases, from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, applying for admission (to the extent not an Educational Record), purchasing products or conducting other transactions, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Sites.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Sites.
• Your search queries on the Sites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Sites, or transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Cleveland, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Data:
• To present our Sites and their contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request, order, or purchase from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account(s) with us.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites.
• To contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our operations (including cloud service providers, analytics providers, payment processors, and other parties that support our operations both online and offline).
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cleveland’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Cleveland about our Sites’ users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cleveland, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In the event you voluntarily share personal or sensitive information on a message board, comments section, or in a chat room offered by the Sites, please be advised that such information may be collected and used by the other users of the Sites who have access to such message boards, comment sections and chat rooms. Cleveland shall have no liability resulting from the misuse of information you voluntarily share during your use of the Sites. Cleveland shall have no obligation to police the message boards, comment sections and chat rooms, but has the ability to remove such information at any time in its sole discretion.
Choices about Your Information
Changes: Upon your written request, we will remove that information from our database or change or correct personal data that you state is erroneous in accordance with applicable regulatory or other legal requirements. You should understand, however, that information about you in our database might come from a number of sources.
Promotional Offers from Cleveland. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Cleveland to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us at the address below and request to be removed from our mailing list. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe from future promotional email distributions by following the unsubscribe instructions in such emails. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Cleveland as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, any Educational Records or other transactions.
Third Parties: We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of certain targeted ads by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and the Digital Advertising Alliance at https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Our Sites are not directed to children under 13 years of age and we prohibit such children from becoming users, and we do not knowingly collect information from children. By using our Sites, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
You acknowledge that no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We reserve the right to change, modify or otherwise update this policy at any time. These changes or updates will be effective immediately. We may provide you notice of such changes when they are material, such notice may be given by posting on this Sites, by electronic or conventional mail or by any other means by which you obtain notice of the changes or updates.
Cleveland University-Kansas City
10850 Lowell Avenue
Overland Park, Kansas 66210